We're looking for:
Account Manager - US
What We Do:
We love the struggle
What do we mean by that? Well, when you find the struggle you love you find a home, a purpose, the successes you want for yourself. It’s the challenges you relish, rather than avoid.
No great piece of creative communications was ever born without a struggle behind it, be it a film, a book, a piece of marketing or anything else that’s succeeded.
That’s why we’re Defenders of Happiness.
To love the struggle is to find happiness in something you’re passionate about and having what it takes to make it all worthwhile.
Happiness to us isn’t just pleasure, it’s victory in what we do.
And what is that? We’re a full-service employer brand communications agency, and we always sell the truth. We change the way people think about the companies we work with and help them thrive.
Our highly effective creativity, tech, and experience model is fuelled by our disruptive ‘Give and Get’ approach.
To work here, you need to love the struggle. The energy and momentum created by a team focused on a shared goal can be difficult to keep up with and overwhelming if you let it. Our shared passion creates relentless high expectations, so there’s often nowhere to hide.
The upshot is you often surprise yourself with your own progress, and when you ask for help or have an ambitious idea, people will offer support without question. We believe if you love what you do, you’ll move us forward, but that comes with the expectation to do just that.
Progress, results, and new creative solutions are relished, rewarded, and celebrated. That’s how to find happiness at Ph.Creative.
“We’re a really close team. Everyone’s contribution is valued, and we celebrate our success, together”
We need an Account Manager to come in and support our Global Client Services division, a team which makes a serious positive impact at Ph.
As an Account Manager for Ph, you will be responsible for supporting our team of Account Directors and Producers to manage a portfolio of global brands of varying shapes and sizes, across the UK, European and US markets. We work with some of the biggest and most well-respected brands out there. They demand a lot from us, so our goal is to always be mindful of providing a world-class client experience. Client Happiness is our core KPI and we achieve it by being empathetic, pragmatic, proactive and detail orientated. The job of our team is to make sure we always add value with every single client touchpoint.
You’ll support the global team in the execution of all elements across relationship efforts and delivery of great creative and strategic work. Your day could range from supporting the Account Director (AD) in pulling together a response to an exciting new creative brief, supporting us pitch work into a prospective new client, identifying an opportunity to introduce a new product or service to our clients, with the AD, or simply being on hand to provide a dedicated concierge level of service to the brands we work with and the multiple stakeholders our team interacts with.
You’ll be part of an exciting journey as we continue to build a world class team that focuses solely on Client Happiness, Client Retention and Client Growth. As part of this team, you’ll act as an integral cog in maintaining great relationships with our existing stakeholders and forging new relationships as we develop and grow the account. You’ll be fully supported by a team of experienced AD’s who have been there and done it. They’ll be leading the account from all aspects, but you’ll be hungry and have the opportunity to learn from them, following a clear progression plan and eventually succeed them as a client partner.
You’ll definitely need to be a self-starter, and it’s going to be quite chaotic at times! So, you’ll need to thrive in the madness, and be determined to put your own stamp on what you do.
What’s more, we’ve got such a wide range of clients that it can be tricky pleasing them all, so you’ll need to juggle their needs and demands, which can be quite the challenge. Especially across multiple time zones. And, more often than not, our clients have multiple stakeholder levels that we face into. That’s multiple personalities you’ll need to get to know.
But you’ll be rewarded with a dynamic role you can truly call your own, working with award-winning and endlessly supportive colleagues, disrupting the industry, winning awards, celebrating with our clients and team, and powering growth - yours and your team’s - as you forge your success and build friends along the way.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Interact, and manage day to day communications, with relevant stakeholders across multiple accounts and high-profile clients
- While you won’t own the client from a relationship perspective with the most senior stakeholders, you’ll be highly visible and support the Account Director to nurture the wider stakeholder group as our accounts mature and grow
- Join weekly calls and meetings to discuss the status of our various workstreams with our clients
- Join internal meetings and team huddles to ensure we’re all aligned – you’ll be key in making sure that expectations are aligned with your internal and external stakeholders at all times
- Support our Producers and Account Directors by owning meeting notes and actions
- Keeping internal project trackers up to date by working closely with the Producers and Account Directors and ensuring our clients have visibility of these
- Being proactive with the clients and your communication
- Join meetings for new client briefs
- Being organised and a strong planner is critical
- Ensuring you always have a holistic overview of the account and the various deliverables and workstream across it
- You’ll be working with a delivery team (Producers) who will manage the studio and resource we allocate to a brief. They’ll manage time and budget.
- You’ll be working with the Producers to manage internal and external expectations in relation to the delivery of work
- You’ll be ultimately responsible for the quality of all work that leaves the studio. Quality is absolutely critical. So, you’ll be expected to keep a close eye on it, ensure the proper QA process has been followed, and then provide a final proof read yourself. Only when you’re happy with all of this will you send the work. This applies to even the smallest jobs.
What You'll Need To Bring
- • Experience gained within an agency environment for at least 2 years
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, collaborate and co-create with team members across multiple functions.
- Ability to write and articulate appropriately
- Be able to digest and plan accordingly what is required to keep our accounts moving smoothly
- Demonstrate the ability (or potential) and enthusiasm to contribute to new business activity
- Strong relationship management skills
- An understanding of digital media, creativity, and best practice.
- Detail orientated and organised
- Hungry to progress and learn from those around you – there’s a wealth of agency experience across our team, it’s up to you how you choose to take advantage of that
- A good listener and someone who is respectful and empathetic of, and with, our clients
- Project management experience, managing and balancing multiple priorities and workstreams.
- Ability & willingness to create great relationships with everyone at Ph… collaborate across creative, sales, accounts, production, and management teams, ensuring we are constantly aligned in our offerings, ways of working, project deliverables and timelines
- The desire to have fun with your Ph team; we’re a sociable bunch and we enjoy quizzes and get-togethers when we can (pandemics allowing!), so the ability to participate in team events is really important.
“It’s exciting to see our projects develop, and very satisfying when clients tell us they love what we’ve done for them”
Every business talks about values. We talk about them more than most, though, because we spend so much time helping our clients define their true values to attract the talent they need.
So, our values aren’t just words we like the sound of; they’re our principles and our behaviours, they’re the bedrock of our business and the spirit at the heart of all of us that work here. Here’s what you need to succeed at Ph:
INTENSITY. AUDACITY. INTEGRITY.
How Do We Expect You To Show Intensity?
It’s about truly immersing yourself in your work. You’ll give each and every project your full attention regardless of your heavy workload and tight, unrealistic deadlines. You’ll know inside yourself that something is not as good as it could be, and you’ll be willing to lose sleep over it until you get there. It’s about working smart, working hard, and working generously with the exceptional talent around you to deliver real quality. You’ll embrace the long hours, you’ll push yourself forward for more responsibility and more accountability, and you’ll squeeze dry every opportunity that comes your way.
How Do We Expect You To Show Audacity?
It’s about an audacity of ideas: dreaming up and delivering bold and brave concepts which improve the way we do things; which leave our clients speechless in our creativity; which make the best talent pay attention; and which win awards. You’ll have an audacity of approach in your work, leaving no stone unturned; trying, failing, learning, and improving, striving to find the best solution for the challenges you’ll face every day and not being constrained in your thinking. You’ll be looking for ways to develop our processes, procedures, and people. An audacity of attitude, going that bit further and never, ever, settling for anything less than excellence.
How Do We Expect You To Show Integrity?
A role at Ph is all about making a valuable, professional contribution to our projects. Empathising, respecting, and relishing the diversity of our growing team’s skills, backgrounds, and experience. It’s about channelling the many challenges that each project brings into positive action and learning. You’ll be true to your word, reliable and conscientious, and you’ll build upon the high standards we set for ourselves. It’s about keeping the best interests of our colleagues, our business, and our clients firmly at the heart of all that you do. You’ll push back when you need to so that standards don’t slip, and you’ll always refuse to compromise. You’ll set an example, inspire, and be the person with whom everyone wants to work.
What You'll Get
We devised the ‘give and get’ approach to our work to best illustrate what we expect from our people and what they can expect from Ph.
So, in return for your intensity, audacity, and integrity, we’ll tick all the boxes you would expect in terms of salary, benefits, flexible working, and personal development. But there’s much more on offer.
We listen and execute on great ideas that have been well researched and thought through, no matter where those ideas come from or whoever brings them to us. Which means smart people with the right attitude can go far quickly. And you’ll have the exhilaration and satisfaction of working on multiple projects with incredible brands. It’s fast, frantic, frustrating, and not for the faint-hearted, but your work will honestly go around the world.
You’ll work hard to find the best solutions; shape the support we put around you to help you deliver at your best; explore new technologies, techniques, and tactics; and find pride in all you do. It’s about having the drive to ignore the easy options and to choose instead to do work that makes a difference to everyone it touches. It’s about defining your career.
- Unlimited holidays
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance cover
- Peer to peer reward scheme
Are you running for cover or ready to dive in?
We always sell the truth, no more so than in the way that we talk about ourselves. We love the struggle. If you’re up for the challenge, confident you can thrive in our culture and make a difference for our clients, we encourage you to get in touch. And if you don’t think you are, please don’t.